Hola! So in my infinite wisdom I’ve booked a short holiday for when I’ll be 34 weeks pregnant! Long story short, this was booked back in 2014 when I wasn’t really sure things would go ok and therefore felt I had nothing to lose. Well now here we are and so Hubby and I are off to Sweden to watch the final of the Volvo Ocean Race in a week or so.
Now because I’m cheap and I resent having to pay to check bags in, we are only going with hand luggage! I thought you might like to see how I’m going to cope for four nights / six days on hand luggage beauty!
Here is what’s in my Champneys see through make up bag:
- Kerastase sample sachet of Beautifying Oil Masque – I love a hair masque and have been saving this one for hols for some time. I think I got this from my hairdresser a while back.
- Wet Ones for sticky fingers – essential for travel and antibacterial to boot!
- Palmers Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks – I received this I think through one of the Bounty Packs you get free at your midwife appointment. I’ve never used it, but feel lotion is essential for keeping those marks at bay, and this is the perfect size for travel.
- Urban Decay All Nighter – this is my go to make up setting spray and I’ll do a full post on this baby very soon. I have it in a tiny sample size that I got free with purchase.
- Boots Soltan Kids 50 SPF – Sun protection stick. I think this will be super handy for Hubby and I – I always go for a super high factor when space is at a premium – you know it makes sense.
- Boots Smile Toothpase – it’s a tiny handy travel size version, fine for Hubby and I to share.
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream – I got this as a sample with purchase specifically for taking on hols. It’s got SPF 35.
- Bobbi Brown Extra Bright Serum – not sure how much I’ll use this, again it was a gift with purchase so worth a try!
- Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturising Balm SPF 25 – Again gift with purchase, so I’ve thrown caution to the wind and am opting for a whole new regime while away, mainly so I can try new things while I have the chance.
- Bobbi Brown SPF 50 Protective Base – another little sample to try while I’m away, it’s so good that BB products have so much SPF in them.
- Smashbox Lid Primer – this is (yes you guessed it) a little sample pot I’ve had since Christmas, but I have used and I really like this – eyeshadow doesn’t move with this little miracle.
- Dove Deodrant – little version you can buy in Boots
- Illamasqua Hydra Veil – primer. This was a free sample with purchase, I have tried this and it’s an interesting gel based primer that provides a silky smooth base.
- Lush solid hair products. Strictly speaking you don’t have to put these in your clear makeup bag as they are solid. I’ve tried both before opting to take them on hols and I think they are pretty good, so hubby and I will both be using these. I’ve gone for Seanik shampoo bar, this one is a seaweed based bar that smells divine. For conditioner I’ve gone for Jungle. This one takes a bit of getting used to, it doesn’t feel like it’s doing that much and you need to have dried your hair to see how good this tiny little slab of conditioner is. I’ve used it also as a treatment overnight on dry hair as it smells so good. Lush solid products are relatively cheap, although the little tins, you will need to purchase separately and in my opinion are essential. Top tip! Leave the bars to dry before you pop them in the tins otherwise they stick and prove very difficult to prise out again!
I’ll let you know how I get on with all the sample size products! Ooo and I’ll do another post about the actual make-up bag containing my make-up that I’ll be taking!
Exciting x x